Wednesday 9 June 2010

Coffee Shop Poetry 4

I can't be here anymore. Everybody seems to realize that.
Groups, ha! Go figure.
They choose me and cast me out. I'm the misfit.
I get thrown off the ship and into the deep ocean I dive. Two days later I emerge, the same as before. But now I have the

ability to fly, to filter offensive remarks and to sing like a mermaid. Merman, come on. To them I'm still the same, oh yeah, they see me and they don't even mention my awesome achievements. Hell, I'm simply back on track, I'm part of the herd again, I'm nothing but another specimen. Speciman, come on. How could anyone even begin to understand the narrow and complicated paths onto which I have roamed? They would if they wanted to, I guess. I'm no better than anybody else. Point is they don't give a fuck. Nobody gives a fuck. And so they shall pay.

So I begin my revenge. The first down is from the captain's side. His best man, his best friend. The guy who has had one too many sips of the eternal wine, the forbidden kind. As he takes his twelfth I strike. Right on the head. He drops like a rock. Rolls over and explodes. Everybody is curious, everyone wants to know what happened. I disappear and wait for the conclusions to be drawn. Two minutes after that the whole planet is ok again. These people have no memory, they don't seem to process the impossible coincidences that have brought them to this place. How could anybody, anyway?

God calls me on my mobile. I say I'm late for an appointment, make up some excuse, and just fling that bastard into the water. Some moments later I can already spot a fin, he's evolved again and now he's rallying around the ship. Panic increases rapidly. The seaman all start to go overboard. One by one they are eaten by him. In my mind I try to teleport myself to a better place, full of peace and love, but cries of pain and anguish bring me back to reality. This feels like a dream, this
tastes like a dream, it just can't be real. It's too bizarre, it's too mean. I can't be here, I can't! I won't endure this nightmarish reality! All these creatures emerge in front of my eyes, they simply come, one after the other, like fireflies
that don't glow. I try to squish them with my hands, but they don't seem to bother. Actually they penetrate my skin, infect my body and steal my soul. I am now a part of him. I feel like a puppet, a meat puppet, controled by this diety, this fiendish being that doesn't seem to exist. It coexists. It needs me. It needs us. He takes care of me now, he can't spare my life, my existence justifies his.

I created him at the same time that he created me. We too are one.

1 comment: